Sunday, May 9, 2010

Target.......


I view Target's website on a weekly basis. (ya, I know--- I love to shop) I think they do a great job at attracting and retaining their customers.

It is quite obvious (to me) that Target.com has also built on the concept of using information to provide greater customer satisfaction. (Driver One in our Internet Marketing text, by Mary Lou Roberts) Their website offers several benefits to their consumers. A few include:

Convenience - Target.com provides the ability to shop 24/7. This means that consumers can order prescriptions, make photo gifts, create a registry for their wedding or baby, order gift cards, or view their weekly ad any day of the week.

Shopping experience - Target.com provides features that make shopping easier. They offer discounted prices online and offer more products than the actual Target stores. They also provide "FREE SHIPPING" on orders (typically) over $50.00, and consumers can sign up (via email) to receive (even more) special offers and promotions.

As all of us know (and as stated in our Internet Marketing text, page 19) - Speed is of the essence in doing business on the Internet. Shoppers today want things to be "easy and fast!" Several individuals tend to procrastinate and do not have the time (or ability) to go shopping for a few hours - so they shop online instead. (to avoid the busy crowds and save gas money as well)

Even though I love the Target website, I must admit that I rarely purchase anything online from them. I would much rather go to an actual store and pick everything out instead. (and have my items immediately - compared to waiting (a week) for them to arrive)

Their website can be a bit slow at times, but overall, I still love having access to their weekly ads so I can "head on in" to the closest Target!

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the Target website is a great place to visit. I like to check out the weekly specials and anything else exciting on the website, but I also prefer to make my purchases at the store. I guess we are lucky because we have a Target store close by. When I was growing up, the closest Target store was 90 miles from my house. If that was the case for me now, I would be ordering from Target.com on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Great review of the Target site; you and my wife seem to be a lot alike! Browsing but not buying but keeping track of the weekly specials. I don't know if you have an iPhone yet, but if you do, check out the Target app. Actually I think they have multiple apps for all the different smart phones out there. It has some great features and runs much faster than the bloated (IMHO) Web site. For me I use the weekly advertisements, and the new scanning feature will come in handy!

    ReplyDelete