Monday, May 10, 2010

Take me out to the ball game........

Even though I would LOVE to talk about the fun time we had at Target Field - I will "stick with" an overview of the MN Twins website! (hee hee) It is packed with information! Not only can I read about the baseball players, but I can purchase clothing, view stats, view their schedule, order tickets, and so much more. Oh, and my favorite ---watch every regular season twins game online. That is AwEsOmE!

I truly believe that several individuals log on to MNTWINS.COM to read updates and discover what is happening in the Twins world on a daily/weekly basis. Roberts (2008) stated that "88% of online Americans say the Internet plays a role in their daily routines." I definitely agree with that because the Twins website has SO much to offer. (you don't even have to watch the games on television anymore, or listen to the radio to hear the final score). Everything is just a "click away!"

Roberts (2008) also stated (in chapter 4) that "it has long been a truism that the role of marketing is to create a customer, not just a sale. Once again-- I definitely believe that the Twins website focuses on customer service, and wants each consumer to feel appreciated - whether they spend $150 on tickets, or $15.00 on baseball cards.

What a great website! I have purchased several items in the past - and will continue to do so!

4 comments:

  1. You are correct. I have never been to the MN Twins website before last week and everything you need to know is (like you said) a "click away". When I was young we had to do all of our fantasy leagues with stats and information from the Sunday paper. Those days are over! I can't wait to see what the next ten years are going to look like. Great job to the Twins (website) and to Amy (blog)!

    You mentioned that you went to the Target Field. What did you think? That is a great picture. Did you find that on the Twins website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee heee No--- I didn't find that picture on the internet!!! That is my CUTE little 3 year old boy!!! He absolutely loved Target Field and even had "TC" painted on his face! (in addition to eating a corn dog, french fries, cotton candy, and fruit kabob!!) Why wouldn't kids (and adults of all ages) love the new field? LOTS OF FOOD AND LOTS OF ACTION!!! (can't beat that!)

    I strongly encourage everyone to check it out -- at least once! (but make sure you pick a nice and sunny day!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the Twins Web site as well ... unfortunately, it isn't tooled to work on a Blackberry. My SO and I were desperately trying to find tickets so we could take his son to a game, and by the time we got to a "real" computer they were completely sold out.

    We figured "what the heck, we'll find a scalper" but the minimun per ticket price was $125.

    We went to the (free) Como Zoo instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it to a game in May (we beat Cleveland). The ballpark is just about perfect except for the lack of homeruns. It felt like the park belonged in that space. The stadium is designed for maximum enjoyment, with lots of good food and beer, and a few things you normally do not see at a ballpark, such as sandwiches made from a standing roast beef.
    But back to marketing: the Twins are selling an experience, and there is an emotional attachment to them. (The M&M Boys, Gardy, Circle Me!...) That helps the marketing effort a whole bunch. In fact, with this kind of buzz, the savvy marketer will get out of the way and do little things to keep the fire going. There is no need to spray lighter fluid on a going fire. (Now, the T-Wolves are another story.)

    ReplyDelete