Thursday, June 24, 2010

Find Your Voice.....

Voice is one of the most important elements of a successful blog, according to HubSpot (June 21, 2010).
So, .... what is voice, and how can we express it through our blog?
There are four steps to finding our ideal writing voice:

1.) Free-flow writing
2.) Writing like you talk
3.) Forgetting conversation
4.) Writing what you know

Bloggers should identify their unique voice, or the way readers "hear" what they are saying through the words they use and the way they use them. No voice (or a weak voice) will not capture readers' attentions, but a strong voice will keep them coming back for more!

1 comment:

  1. Before this class, I didn’t pay much attention to blogs and certainly did not know much about writing one. Actually, I have not had a marketing class since my freshman year as an undergraduate (almost 4 years ago), so I appreciate straight-forward, easy to remember marketing tips like the ones from the Hubspot article. The recommendation to write like we talk and write what we know in order to effectively communicate with readers makes a lot of sense. I didn’t know much about internet marketing before this class, but I am amazed at how much I learned. Blogs are great!

    ReplyDelete